Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sharing the Knowledge- from me to you to others!

One of the best things about having a passion for anything is sharing that passion with others. It could be sport, computer games, books, films, food or in my case eLearning. Currently I am involved in a PLG (Professional Learning Group) at my school. This entails facilitating a small group and sharing ideas and tools about eLearning. Yesteday we talked about, looked at and shared ideas about the use of blogs in the classroom. However, the very best thing for me was not showing my classroom blog, but having another staff member share his awesome Yr10 Science blog. I was able to help him get started and set it up, but the rest of the success was all due to a teacher’s motivation to try something new and his enthusiastic class. I felt very excited to see how just sharing the knowledge creates new opportunity. I do think there are still many people who see themselves as gatekeepers of knowledge. Those days are done and dusted. The huge increase in MOOC – online courses – has seen knowledge being shared around the world. I am always amazed by the sharing of resources and knowledge in the elearning community through vehicles such as Twitter, blogs and Teacher led events such as educamps. Teachmeets and eduignite type events. Our students are able to find a vast amount of information for themselves. Just check out the sharing on Facebook. ”If you get , give. If you learn, share. I am looking forward to other members of our little PLG sharing their eLearning journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment