Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Forget big change, start with a tiny habit: BJ Fogg at TEDxFremont


If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_change.html

I have been thinking a lot about change lately. I have changed jobs, I have changed houses(temporarily for earthquake repairs), I have changed schools (new job!) my city is changing(post Earthquake) education is changing, technology is changing, the weather is changing...

Change can often be seen negatively. Am I old enough to be one of those people saying "well in the old days..." Yes, Ok I have said that but sometimes it is not about the change itself, but how we deal with it. We often think that change will be difficult, we won't be able to do it, what if I can't do it, what if...

I came across this TED talk about changing behaviour one small habit at a time. It certainly made me think about how and why we change what we are doing. Change in an organisation needs to be doable, often needs to be a small change that can be embedded and is then sustainable. Successful change should be celebrated and shared. And if it takes some people a little longer and they see this as failure,  remember FAIL stands for first attempt at learning. 



Just what I was saying Tony, thanks.



Here's the video ( It is 17 mins long but I enjoyed it.)



No comments:

Post a Comment